Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Big Mouthfuls


Despite mega help from friend and son-of-friend, S2B still seems a long way from finished. I fear that I have bitten off more than I can chew in the time available. Disappointment on the work table front because I*** had the table top but not the legs (and the ones I hoped would do instead WON'T, snarl), so I won't have a table to work at until next week at the earliest. And there are boxes everywhere. I have a shameful amount of stuff. I have made about forty trips up and down the ladder, more or less laden, so my thigh muscles (adductors, abductors?) are sore. Will I become Miss Universe in time? The upshot is that there is a long way to go, and I feel very bad about the times I spent watching CSI instead of wielding a screwdriver to assemble drawers, or painting, or stitching, or drawing. College starts back on Oct 1st and THERE IS STILL NO SKETCHBOOK.
So I have posted a cheering picture. Because one thing I have learnt in the last turbulent year is that worrying about little things is simply too much effort, not to mention utterly pointless. What is important is to raise ones eyes from the problem and look at the good things that surround one. Like freesias. And sunsets. And lovely pebbles. And doughnuts. Only to look at of course!

3 comments:

Linds said...

We can come back via MK tomorrow.... if they have legs!

Linds said...

Doughnuts???? YOU BOUGHT DOUGHNUTS???????

LouLou@theLoom said...

I did not buy doughnuts. I only thought about the one I had yesterday that my Dad bought. From the baker in the village. Ring.